Burning Down the House - 03.22.04
What's this? An unguarded tower? Not for long, it's not...

[Cairnfang Crossing, North]
Black flies cover the dessicated remains of several criminals who ran
afoul of the law one too many times.  The stench of death and decay,
as well as the ghastly, slack-jawed visages of the eyeless corpses keeps
passersby a healthy distance from the gibbets.  Bearing almost as much
traffic as the road south across the bridge, although of a decidedly more
squalid strain, a well-worn dirt road heads west.  You also see the
Hangman's Bridge and a massive ironwood tower.
Also here: Vrehn
Obvious paths: east, west

You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.
Vrehn whispers, "I came simply to increase the odds."
You nod to Vrehn.
You quietly whisper to Vrehn, "Appreciated."
You utter a light chant and raise your hands, beckoning the lesser spirits
 to aid you with the Fire Spirit spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The ironwood tower begins to burn!
Vrehn quietly says, "Let us see if the Lady responds."
You gesture at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
You hear the faint thoughts of Querthose touch your mind:
 "We need you for Lady Naamit if you're able"
Vrehn quietly says, "I have asked her to send a familiar."
You gesture at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
Vrehn quietly says, "Perhaps a gate could be opened."
You ponder.
Vrehn slings a black-runed grey faewood buckler over his shoulder.
Vrehn slings a black-runed grey faewood buckler off from over his shoulder.
A field mouse scampers into the area.
You quietly whisper to Vrehn, "Send a thought to Querthose, if you could,
 telling him I'm torching the tower, but I will attempt to return shortly."
You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
You become invisible.
The mouse takes a look around.
There is a twinkle in a field mouse's eyes for a moment.

>look at tower
The tower is gargantuan in proportions -- its peaked metal roof glinting
 with reflected light as it towers above the surroundings.  Simple but
 humungous wheels are lined up along its base, and a ring of huge spokes
 is set just above them in order to change directions.

The tower currently appears to be situated to move toward the south.

Flames burst and writhe spasmodically on the tower in a blazing inferno!

The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!

The field mouse squeaks, "Interesting."
Vrehn leans back.
Vrehn quietly says, "Indeed."
You chuckle.
Vrehn quietly says, "If a Gate could be opened..."
The field mouse squeaks, "There are few places to do so, in this town."
Vrehn quietly says, "I see."
Vrehn rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Vrehn quietly asks, "On the south side of this bridge?"
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Vrehn quietly says, "Or perhaps closer to the city, the boulder."
Vrehn quietly says, "Where you found me the first evening."
Vrehn quietly says, "Near the Cascade of Tears."
The field mouse squeaks, "The only place is the plaza. And that is full of
 people."
Vrehn quietly says, "Odd."
Vrehn rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Vrehn quietly says, "Such is magic."
Vrehn shrugs.
Flames lick wildly at the ironwood tower as the blaze burns with steady
 ferocity!
The field mouse takes a moment to nibble at something.
The field mouse squeaks, "This town is rigged against it. It is...
 inconveniencing."
Great Lord Minnonn just arrived.
Great Lord Minnonn just went east.
You hum quietly to yourself.
Witzbold just arrived.
Witzbold just went east.
Witzbold just arrived.
Witzbold just went east.
Witzbold just arrived.
Vrehn gazes up into the sky.
Alarke just arrived.
Alarke just went across the Hangman's Bridge.
Vrehn put a well-balanced invar dagger in his leather knife belt.

>look at witz
You see Witzbold the Bard.
He appears to be an Elf.
He appears to be very young and average height.  He has blue-green eyes and
 golden brown skin.  He has a bald head.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a bone-hilted imflass warsword in his right hand and a
 mithril-bossed parma in his left hand.
He is wearing a velvet-edged dark green backpack, a burnished pewter
 armband, a light green bearskin sack, a polished fire opal earring,
 a leather breastplate, a brushed silver alloy ring, a pair of narrow
 blue breeches, a pair of soft leather shoes, a gathered green velvet
 pouch, a leather sheath, a bard crest, a crystal amulet, a reinforced
 shield, some arm greaves, a wrinkled violet belt, a stylish violet cap,
 a fancy ochre cloak, a gold ring, a dented anklet, and a crystal amulet.

Witzbold scrambles up a large ladder on the tower's side.
Flames lick wildly at the ironwood tower as the blaze burns with steady
 ferocity!
Vrehn put a black-runed grey faewood buckler in his leather musette.
You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.
Vrehn quietly says, "I would add to the flames."
You are visible again.
You gesture at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
Witzbold just arrived.
Witzbold says, "Tower on fire."
You gaze thoughtfully at the ironwood tower.
Vrehn gazes thoughtfully at the ironwood tower.
You ask, "How unfortunate. Find someone to put it out?"
Vrehn quietly says, "So it is."
You cock your head at Witzbold.
The field mouse sits down.

You hear the faint thoughts of Witzbold echo in your mind:
  "the mobiel tower 'bove Hangman is on fire"

Witzbold just went west.
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
You gesture at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
You hum quietly to yourself.
Vrehn whispers, "Would you tend to my leg so that I may make myself scarce?
 Or perhaps give me some ambrominas leaf."
You meditate over Vrehn.
Vrehn's right leg damage is transferred to you.
You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
You become invisible.
Vrehn just went west.
You gesture.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.
The field mouse stands back up.
The field mouse scampers off.
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Alarke just arrived.
Alarke just went east.
Nektarius's group just arrived.
Nektarius's group just went east.
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Lord Licel just arrived.
Licel bursts out in loud, raucous laughter.
You hear someone chuckling.
You become visible again.
You hear someone uttering a light chant...
You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.
A field mouse scampers into the area.
Licel utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser
 spirits to his aid...
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Fantastic."
You hum quietly to yourself.
Licel says, "Oh bah."
The mouse seems to relax somewhat.
Vrehn leans against the Bridge, taking a momentary rest.
Licel asks, "What on earth?"
You say, "Pardon a moment."
Querthose fades into visibility.
You say, "That was my safeguard."
A short-armed dark brown abyran'a slithers into the area.
You chuckle.
A short-armed dark brown abyran'a raises its arms in supplication to its
 deity while hissing a harsh prayer.
The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.
You say, "That works too."
Licel nods.

[insert absolute shitpiles of fire being thrown at the tower]

Querthose darkly says, "Be ready to put it back up if we need."
You nod.

You say, "I may not be able to do so with the demon here."
You cough.
Querthose darkly says, "It won't interfere."
Licel says, "You will."
You chuckle.

[More fire.]

Licel cackles!
Querthose whispers, "You may want to hide."
You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
You become invisible.
Licel says, "This is days of agression getting out."
Querthose laughs!
A floating green eye breaks free of a short-armed dark brown abyran'a and
 begins floating around.
A disembodied eye zips past you and heads straight for Licel, who casually
 snatches it out of the air with a sticky splat sound.  Without hesitation,
 Licel pushes his elusive peeper back into his eye socket.  With a few
 blinks it seems to function properly once again.  Licel wipes some icky
 residue from his face and carefully makes sure he is presentable again.
The field mouse sits down.

[Lots more fire!]

Kinshack just arrived.
Kinshack just went east.

The voice of Vrehn quietly says, "I thought for sure the Giant would stop
 and challenge you."
Querthose darkly says, "No kidding."
Querthose darkly says, "That concerns me..."

[More fire!]

Licel says, "That is fine work."
Licel nods.
You say, "Too fine an opportunity."
Licel cackles!
Licel nods.
Licel says, "Hmm. ."
Aramana suddenly fades into view.
Aramana gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
Querthose darkly says, "Araman is here."
You say, "Ah, grand."

[More fire!]

Licel says, "Burn it."
Licel nods.
Licel exclaims, "Burn it to the ground!"

[Still more fire!]

Great Lord Enormis's group just arrived.
Great Lord Enormis's group just went across the Hangman's Bridge.

Aramana gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
The voice of Kinshack says, "I will give you ten seconds to leave."
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Aramana gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
Aramana gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of swirling fire spirals around the tower!
The flames engulfing a massive ironwood tower flare higher!
You trace a sign while petitioning the spirits to bestow their aid with
 the Minor Sanctuary spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.
Querthose rubs a glassy black mica amulet.
Querthose suddenly disappears.
Licel stands up.
Licel hisses.
You hear someone chuckling.
The voice of Querthose darkly asks, "Or what, Kinshack?"
A white-fletched green arrow descends from the city walls and hits Aramana!
   ... 35 points of damage!
   Blow shatters knee and severs lower leg!
Aramana screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
   She is stunned!
Vrehn comes out of hiding.
Vrehn just went across the Hangman's Bridge, dragging Aramana with him.
Licel folds his arms over his chest.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Well that answers my question."
Licel says, "Bothersome."
You hear someone chuckling.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kinshack echo in your mind:
  "We have a number of dark alliance burning a tower north of the Hangman's
   Bridge.  We could use an abyran'sa to dispel their sanctuary, as well as
   mages to smite the fire."

The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
The voice of Querthose darkly asks, "Avidleigh?"
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Aramana needs your aid."
Lady Aramana just arrived.

>look at aramana
You see Lady Aramana Leirath.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She appears to be young and very tall.  She has feral, sharply slanted amber
 eyes and flawless ivory skin.  She has ankle-length, straight blue-black
 hair streaked with silver and adorned with numerous delicate raven feathers
 finely braided into various strands.  She has long pointed ears and high-set
 flaring cheekbones, their curving lines accented by slim, upswept eyebrows.
 She has long, sharp canines that can be glimpsed briefly between her lips.
She has a jackal-shaped mark on her neck, a tattooed symbol of Sheru on her
 arm, an amber-eyed jackal tattoo on her forearm, a stylized black crow
 tattoo on her arm, and two sleek serpentine marks on her forearm.
She has minor cuts and bruises on her chest, and a completely severed left
 leg.
She is bleeding from the left leg.
She is holding a jackal-topped dark illthorn runestaff in her right hand.
She is wearing a large silver-bound scabbard, a sleek fox-fur trimmed leather
 backpack, a large darkened fox skull, a sinew-wrapped raven prayer-feather,
 some black-tinted spectacles, a tiny carved fox nose ring, a leather-hung
 gnarled bone amulet, an enruned earth elemental talisman, a black Sheru
 symbol, an iron winged-fox pin, some dark leather casting gloves tipped
 with menacing black ora claws, a blackened silver armband etched with the
 silhouette of a leaping fox, a furry silvery-black fox pin, a luxurious
 black fox fur greatcloak, a silver-tipped black fox fur longcoat trimmed
 with silver feathers, a roomy packrat pouch, several layers of heavy leather
 robes dyed pure scarlet and bordered with mystic runes, a sleek back-laced
 black leather bodice trimmed in supple silver-tipped black fox fur, a black
 antler drinking horn, some fitted raven-feathered pants, and some claw-toed
 onyx scaled boots.

Licel makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Licel gestures.
Licel appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.
The voice of Kinshack says, "If this sanctuary falls, I will commence with
 destroying all of you."
The voice of Kinshack says, "I suggest you make yourselves scarce before
 that time comes."
Aramana stifles a yawn.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "If you need me, Kinshack, I'll be
 quaking in my boots."
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Licel starts chortling.
The voice of Kinshack quietly says, "I will keep that in mind."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Indeed."
Licel says, "Bah."
Licel waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.
Lord Licel just went across the Hangman's Bridge.
Aramana traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
Aramana gestures.
Aramana suddenly disappears.
Yarx just arrived.
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Kinshack joins Yarx's group.
Yarx frowns.
Yarx put a curved black pearl-inlaid warblade in his black harness.
Yarx removes a black feystone coffin flask from in his spidersilk backpack.
Kinshack fades into visibility.
Kinshack points at Vrehn, ruining his hiding place.
Kinshack grabs Vrehn and drags him west.
Kinshack just arrived.
Vrehn just arrived.
Kinshack searches around for a moment.
Yarx searches around for a moment.
Vrehn chuckles to himself.
Kinshack looks thoughtfully at Vrehn.
Vrehn just went across the Hangman's Bridge.
Yarx asks, "What shall we do?"
Kinshack says, "He hasn't taken to wearing symbols like the rest of you."
Kinshack says, "Fancy that."
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
The field mouse darts all around, generally being a great nuisance.
Yarx rubs his dark crystal bracelet, causing darkness to stream across its
 surface briefly.
Yarx gets an odd look on his face.

You hear the faint thoughts of Aramana touch your mind:
 "Hmm...now where have you run off to?"

Kinshack says, "Licel, Querthose, Avidleigh."
Yarx says, "Ah."
(Kinshack frowns at the last name.)
Kinshack says, "Quite the disappointment the last one is."
Ezre just arrived.
Ezre just went west.
You say, "It will do far better as rubble to block oncoming hordes. Really."
Suddenly a massive arrow arcs into the area and slams into the ground!
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
Kinshack appears to be checking his pockets for something, but finds them
 empty.
Suntzhu just arrived.
A humming drake verlok'ar glides into the area.
Kinshack waves to Suntzhu.
Kinshack grabs Suntzhu's hand.
Suntzhu waves to Kinshack.
Kinshack grabs Yarx's hand.
Kinshack removes a burnished vultite claidhmore from in his vruul skin
 back-sheaths.
You say, "We all do what we must in times of crisis, Kinshack. You do
 understand."
Yarx removes a skull-grafted vultite katar from in his black harness.
Suntzhu calmly says, "Trying."
Kinshack says, "I suggest you prepare to depart now."
You sigh.
Kinshack says, "The sanctuary will fall soon."
Suntzhu calmly says, "Need a better demon."
Kinshack says, "I will commence to destroy you at that point."
Suntzhu stares at a humming drake verlok'ar.
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
The voice of Licel says, "You will do no such thing."
Kinshack says, "Oh, I'm quite sure of it."
You hear the faint thoughts of Querthose touch your mind:
 "You are not alone, I have a scroll ready"
Kinshack smiles resignedly.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Funny, you were equally sure about
 retrieving the sword."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Hopefully this one goes better for you."
You hear someone snicker.
Kinshack says, "I always had my doubts about the sword."
Kinshack says, "But the circumstances surrounding its retrieval are not
 entirely within my control."
The blazing inferno roars and expands, the flames bursting wildly across
 the ironwood tower's surface!
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "You're smarter than your grotesque
 giant looks would indicate."
Kinshack chuckles to himself.
Kinshack says, "You're loud mouthed and paltry."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "But when you say it Kinshack, it sounds
 so sweet."
The voice of Licel asks, "And you are impotent. Which would you rather be?"
Kinshack says, "Your pedestrian banter would be better used in some coffee
 house dwelling on your inane life."
The voice of Licel says, "You will not stop us. You do not have the power."
Flames lick wildly at the ironwood tower as the blaze burns with steady
 ferocity!
The field mouse suddenly pauses, listening to something intently.

You hear the faint thoughts of Querthose touch your mind:
 "I checked things out a bit, we will not be able to overcome that demon.
  When the sanct falls...run"

Yarx leans back.
Flames lick wildly at the ironwood tower as the blaze burns with steady
 ferocity!
Serescion's group just arrived.
A raven appears overhead, circling.
You focus your mind on Querthose and think: "...as you say."
Jhayde gazes thoughtfully at the ironwood tower.
Kinshack waves.
The raven pauses for a moment to clean its feathers.
Jhayde waves.
Serescion nods to Kinshack in greeting.
Jhayde furrows her brow.
Kinshack says, "There are a number of dark alliance hidden within."
You hear the faint thoughts of Querthose touch your mind:
 "Any approximation on how long we have left?  How long do your sanctuaries
  last?"
Kinshack says, "Or about the shadows."
Suntzhu just went across the Hangman's Bridge.
Serescion searches around for a moment.
Jhayde says, "It's no longer burnin' tho."
A humming drake verlok'ar glides out of the area.
Jhayde says, "Tha's good."
The raven descends to the ground and lands nearby.
Jhayde joins Kinshack's group.
Serescion joins Kinshack's group.
Flames lick wildly at the ironwood tower as the blaze burns with steady
 ferocity!
Jhayde blinks.
Serescion glances at a massive ironwood tower.
Jhayde's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her
 command...
Suntzhu just arrived.
Jhayde groans.
The field mouse darts all around, generally being a great nuisance.
Serescion asks, "They're burning from the inside?"
Suntzhu joins Kinshack's group.
Serescion scowls.
Jhayde paces back and forth.
You focus your mind on Querthose and think: "I don't know, really. I cannot
 answer you any longer. I will hold it till it drops of its own accord, and
 run. Just be ready."
Kinshack nods to Suntzhu.
Serescion relaxes somewhat.
A large-fanged dark coppery abyran'a slithers into the area.
A large-fanged dark coppery abyran'a raises its arms in supplication to its
 deity while hissing a harsh prayer.
The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.
Kinshack rubs a tree bark amulet.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from Kinshack.
Querthose suddenly appears as he is knocked to the ground by the dark
 ethereal waves.
Licel suddenly appears as he is knocked to the ground by the dark ethereal
 waves.
You are buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and knocked to the ground.
You are pinned in place, unable to move.
Your invisibility fails.
Roundtime: 18 sec.
Jhayde's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her
 command...
You sigh.
Suntzhu traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants
 a dark invocation...
Kinshack glares at Licel and lets out a nerve-shattering bellow! 
Licel is startled enough to lose initiative! 
Jhayde gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of water slams into a massive ironwood tower, dousing its flames
 a bit!
Suntzhu gestures at Licel.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Licel!
  Rather abrupt decompression causes Licel to explode!
  Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
  Quite severely dead.

 * Licel has been vaporized!


 * Licel drops dead at your feet!

A shadow seems to detach itself from Licel's body, swiftly dissipating into
 the air.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Licel.
The very powerful look leaves Licel.
The white light leaves Licel.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Licel.
The light blue glow leaves Licel.
The air calms down around Licel.
The bright luminescence fades from around Licel.
The deep blue glow leaves Licel.
The powerful look leaves Licel.
A large-fanged dark coppery abyran'a is not affected by the vacuum of the
 void.
Everything in the room seemed to stay in place.  The void disappears without
 further incident.

Kinshack glares at Querthose and lets out a nerve-shattering bellow! 
Querthose is startled enough to lose initiative! 
Jhayde's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her
 command...
Jhayde gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of water slams into a massive ironwood tower, dousing its flames
 a bit!
Jhayde's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her
 command...
Kinshack stares down Querthose and lets out an eerie, modulating cry! 
Querthose looks at Kinshack in utter terror! 
Jhayde gestures at a massive ironwood tower.
A stream of water slams into a massive ironwood tower, dousing its flames a
 bit!
Serescion frowns at Suntzhu.

[Locate x3]

Suntzhu traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants
 a dark invocation...
Suntzhu gestures at Querthose.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Querthose!
  Rather abrupt decompression causes Querthose to explode!
  Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
  Quite severely dead.

 * Querthose has been vaporized!


 * Querthose drops dead at your feet!

The deep blue glow leaves Querthose.
The white light leaves Querthose.
The very powerful look leaves Querthose.
The air calms down around Querthose.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Querthose.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves Querthose.
A shadow seems to detach itself from Querthose's body, swiftly dissipating
 into the air.
The bright luminescence fades from around Querthose.
The light blue glow leaves Querthose.
Querthose glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The powerful look leaves Querthose.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Querthose.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Querthose suddenly shoot off in all
 directions, then quickly fade away.
A large-fanged dark coppery abyran'a is not affected by the vacuum of the
 void.
A raven gasps for air and is stunned!
Everything in the room seemed to stay in place.  The void disappears without
 further incident.

The flames upon a massive ironwood tower sputter and hiss, then slowly die
 out.

Serescion furrows his brow.
Querthose gives a ghostly chuckle.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Kinshack is trying to drag you.  If you want to prevent this type "GROUP
 CLOSE".
Kinshack grabs you and drags you east.

[Cairnfang, North Bank]
Following the northern bank of the river as it heads east, the caravan trail
 quickly leaves the settled fields and pastures behind.  The trail and the
 ancient, piled stone markers that pierce the river's surface are soon the
 only signs that intelligent life has passed this way before.  To the west,
 the trail appears more used as it follows the Cairnfang towards the cliffs
 above Solhaven Bay.  You also see a wooden shield, a broadsword, a wooden
 shield and a broadsword.
Also here: Suntzhu, Lady Jhayde, Serescion, Yarx, Kinshack
Obvious paths: east, west

Yarx says, "Fire is out."
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Spirit
 Guide spell...
Your spell is ready.
The raven screeches, and with a mighty leap, hurls itself into the air.
You gesture.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Vornavis Caravansary, Exterior]
Low stone walls surround the caravansary grounds, here in the shadow of
 Vornavis' north wall.  Easily visible over the low walls are the tops of
 the beast pens, the board-and-canvas roofs of the caravansary's less
 temporary structures, and the peaks of the caravaners' tents.  Two square
 stone pillars mark the ends of the walls and the entrance to the caravansary
 grounds.  Set into the pillars are a pair of wardstones.
Obvious paths: north, south

Your stomach aches and you have a pounding migraine.  Your eyes water causing
 your vision to blur.  You can barely maintain your balance as you force your
 eyes shut to concentrate on maintaining composure.
Roundtime: 18 sec.

You hear the faint thoughts of Galenok echo in your mind:
  "I wish we didn't have to."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ichiko echo in your mind:
  "Oh, too bad.."

You hear the faint thoughts of Witcheaven echo in your mind:
  "I suppose that means I'm listening as well, Kinshack."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Your stomach aches and you have a pounding migraine.  Your eyes water causing
 your vision to blur.  You can barely maintain your balance as you force your
 eyes shut to concentrate on maintaining composure.
Roundtime: 23 sec.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kinshack echo in your mind:
  "Nevermind, the problem has been removed."

You hear the faint thoughts of Fizzan echo in your mind:
  "Well done, Suntzhu."

You hear the faint thoughts of Fizzan echo in your mind:
  "Timely use of the abyran'a."

>You hear the faint thoughts of Kinshack echo in your mind:
  "The tower is still ablaze though."

You feel somewhat disoriented.  The ground seems unsteady.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You hear the faint thoughts of Fizzan echo in your mind:
  "Still, that was very quick work."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jhayde echo in your mind:
  "no, tha tower's out"

You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
You become invisible.

You recover somewhat from your nausea.
You stand back up.
You trace a sign while petitioning the spirits to bestow their aid with the
 Unpresence spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You feel more secure.

You hear the faint thoughts of Raerlin echo in your mind:
  "keep us healers in town up to date. what happened?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Witcheaven echo in your mind:
  "The problem with you Liaboists is that you have problems doing multiple
   things at once.."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ichiko echo in your mind:
  "Not true, Witcheaven..I know a little trick called Mstrike"

You hear the faint thoughts of Witcheaven echo in your mind:
  "Well, you violent types have no problem doing multiple things at once, I
   stand corrected."

You hear the faint thoughts of Serescion echo in your mind:
  "Is there a cleric I can escort to the Hangman's Bridge tower to keep a
   sanctuary protecting it?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Ichiko echo in your mind:
  "there's a difference between violence and fending off someone who wants
   your arm as a souvenir"

>You hear the faint thoughts of Mystianna echo in your mind:
  "biggan down on jag hill by the tower"

You hear the faint thoughts of Eiadh echo in your mind:
  "You know, more than clerics can cast sanctuaries."

You hear the faint thoughts of Kinshack echo in your mind:
  "If a cleric or empath or bard wishes to maintain a sanctuary outside this
   tower to prevent further firing from the dark alliance parasites, you can
   fog to me and set one down here."

...

[Vornavis Exterior, River Road]
Sparse trees line the sides of this well-traveled dirt road, offering a
 little bit of shade to the farmers who use it daily.  Just to the west
 you see a half-timbered building sitting north of the road, its long
 porch with a wooden swing and awning providing an inviting respite for
 weary travellers.  You also see a field mouse.
Obvious paths: east, southeast, south, west

You become visible again.
The field mouse takes a moment to nibble at something.
You nod to the field mouse.
The field mouse squeaks, "Care to come back to town the easy way?"
You say, "Please."
The field mouse squeaks, "Be ready to come through the mist."
You nod.
A swirling grey-blue mist slowly fills the area.  It begins to spin faster
 and faster, congealing into a large upright disk.  The mist slows its
 spinning and within the swirling vapors you can make out an opening.
You step through the misty gate.

[Solhaven, Liabo Plaza]
Easily as large as the entire North Market, the plaza is paved with a spiral
 pattern of alternating terra-cotta and golden-yellow bricks.  On the eastern
 edge of the plaza stands an ornate, white limestone arch, and beyond it the
 brick-paved avenue stretches toward Vornavis' towering west wall.  A steady
 mix of merchants, artisans, and clerics pass through the arch in both
 directions.  You also see a swirling mist, the Ohr disk, a weathered thanot
 box, the Kilthal disk, some acantha leaf, some manna bread, a rune staff,
 some manna bread, some manna bread, some manna bread, a bolmara potion, some
 wolifrew lichen, some crisp cut white-studded brigandine, a hawk that is
 sleeping, a wooden arrow, a wooden arrow, some basal moss, a bundle of rough
 arrow shafts, a bottle of fletching glue, a bottle of fletching glue, a
 bundle of light brown fletchings, an old barrel, a terra-cotta bench with
 some stuff on it and a grey stone arch.
Also here: a lot of people, including Kinshack.
Obvious paths: north, west

You see Kilthal stick his head into the swirling mist.
Kinshack says, "Good night friends."
Kinshack just went west.

[All I can think is, "Oh fuck!"]

You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
You become invisible.
You see Subarashi stick her head into the swirling mist.

[Insert getting the hell out of Dodge, since I missed that he left the area.]

You focus your mind on Aramana and think: "Thank you."

[Garden of Suffering]
Pure white cobblestones mark the entrance to a low-roofed marble shrine, its
 alabaster surface wrought with a tangle of crimson veins.  Fluted columns
 of the same unblemished ivory hue line the walkway leading to the small
 structure, each set with stylized black daggers overlaying faceted ruby
 hearts.  Well-trimmed topiaries flank the edges of the garden, their
 inorganic shapes and deep green leaves adding a touch of elegance to the
 surroundings.  You also see a blue-hilted shining silver claidhmore and
 some manna bread.
Also here: Lord Licel who is sitting
Obvious paths: out

The voice of Querthose darkly says, "I will return."
You become visible again.
You dust yourself off.
Licel nods to you.
You kneel down.
Aramana fades into visibility.
Aramana teeters over and falls flat on her face.
Aramana nods to you.
You nod to Licel.
You nod to Aramana.
Aramana mutters under her breath.
Aramana moves to a kneeling position.
Aramana stands up.
Aramana dusts herself off.
You cock your head.
Licel says, "That does not look pleasant."
Aramana says, "Not a problem."
Licel looks over at Aramana and shakes his head.

>look at aramana
You see Lady Aramana Leirath.
She appears to be the same as the last time you saw her, plus a few more
 wounds.
She has minor cuts and bruises on her chest, and a completely severed left
 leg.
She is bleeding from the left leg.

You glance at Aramana.
Aramana says, "If you want it, its yours."
Aramana laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
You chuckle.
You meditate over Aramana.
Aramana's left leg damage is transferred to you.
You meditate over Aramana.
Aramana's chest damage is transferred to you.
You meditate over Aramana.
You take all of Aramana's blood loss.

Licel asks, "Aramana, can you gate to the tower up north? Or see if it is
 inhabited?"
Aramana says, "Thank you."
You nod.
Aramana says, "I have been watching it, it is how I got the Mularosian here
 back in one piece."

A strange whirlwind sweeps through the area, raising dust and blowing it in
 all directions.

Aramana says, "There is one who waits there invisibly, and they have parked
 two demons."
Licel scowls.
Licel says, "Bothersome."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "They have left the tower..."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Something about that doesn't seem right."
Aramana gets a distant look on her face.
You say, "I would not trust it, no."
Licel asks, "Did you hear what Aramana suggested?"
You ponder.
Aramana says, "Two abyran'a's."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "I did not."
Licel says, "They lie invisible, with demons."
Licel shakes his head.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "One of those is mine, Lady Aramana."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "I believe the other they just keep to
 break a sanctuary."
Aramana says, "The veralok is not yours."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "You are correct, the other abyran is
 kept there to keep watch and sense any sanctuaries."
Aramana says, "The one snake-human is,though."
Licel asks, "Does the veralok carry an eye?"
Aramana gets a distant look on her face.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Interesting."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "The Verlok is gone."
Licel says, "Tempting."
Aramana gets a distant look on her face.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "No."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "They're not fools."
Licel asks, "Are you sure someone hides?"
Licel peers quizzically at Aramana.
Aramana says, "Both snakes have eyes."
The air calms down around you.
Aramana says, "Aye, and Kinshack has a ring set there. He just did so."
Licel frowns at Aramana.
Licel nods.
Licel sighs.
Licel says, "Bothersome."
Aramana traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
Aramana gestures.
Aramana is concentrating hard on something for a moment.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "What I wouldn't give for the Lord
 Dispater right now."
You chuckle.
Aramana ponders.
Aramana gets a distant look on her face.

[Insert random spellups, healdowns, and whatever.]

Kinshack fades into visibility.
Kinshack asks, "May I take a seat?"
Licel shifts his eyes to Kinshack.
You cock your head.
You nod to Kinshack.
Licel asks, "What do you wish, murderer?"
Licel cocks his head at Kinshack.
Kinshack sits down.
Kinshack says, "I murdered nobody."
Kinshack smiles at Licel.
Licel smirks.
Kinshack turns to face you.
Licel says, "You were directly leading to it."
You cock your head at Kinshack.
Licel squints.
Kinshack says, "Truly sorry to knock you flat like that, madam."
You look at Kinshack and shake your head.
You say, "No, you gave ample warning."
You nod to Kinshack.
Kinshack asks, "Why feel so compelled to aid this lot?"
Aramana stretches.
(Kinshack gestures vaguely in Licel's direction.)
Licel hisses.
You ponder.
You say, "I do not aid... them, precisely. I do aid the Alliance."
You nod to Kinshack.
Querthose fades into visibility.
Querthose darkly says, "Good answer."
Kinshack asks, "Because your Master requests it of you?"
You say, "After a fashion, yes. It is a matter of duty. My own wishes do
 not come into this."
You shake your head.
Aramana picks up a blue-hilted shining silver claidhmore.
Aramana tilts her shining silver claidhmore side to side, making the light
 play off it.
Kinshack says, "It is sadly often that I hear people's religious duties
 superceding personal desire."
Querthose frowns at Kinshack.
Kinshack takes a golden topaz inset ora crown off his head.
Kinshack put a golden topaz inset ora crown in his cotton pouch.
Querthose darkly says, "An odd statement, surely."
You say, "It is a rather common thing among the devout, yes."
Avidleigh smiles fleetingly.
Kinshack says, "Devout, perhaps."
Kinshack says, "But I've developed a theory."
You give your eyebrow a little workout.
Kinshack stands up.
Licel smirks.
Kinshack leans against a marble shrine.
Aramana drops a blue-hilted shining silver claidhmore.
Kinshack says, "It seems as though a lot of your kith use your unerring
 devotion to your respective Lords as a way to transcend responsibility."
Querthose removes a sheaf of aged paper from in his scaled ritual robe.
You ponder.
You nod to Kinshack.
You say, "Many do."
Licel rolls his eyes.
Kinshack says, "As if somehow pledging to an Arkati elevates you above the
 normal trappings of humanity and elfkin."
Kinshack says, "For some, it elevates you above the trappings of sanity, it
 seems."
Kinshack glances at Licel.
Licel says, "Some are blessed more than others."
You say, "Others are willing to die for what they feel they are to do, or
 suffer whatever other consequences result from their service."
Licel sneers.
You shrug.
Kinshack says, "Delusion is an easy excuse as well."
Licel nods to you.
Querthose darkly says, "There is no responsibility above that to one's
 Arkati, Kinshack.  Any other priority is merely self-serving."
Querthose darkly says, "And ultimately unforgivable."
Kinshack asks, "Have you ever wondered what is going to happen to you when
 you fail your Lords?"
Querthose smiles.
Querthose darkly says, "I've not had to wonder about that."
You chuckle.
Licel glances at Kinshack.
Licel gravely says, "Failure is not available."
Licel waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.
Querthose darkly says, "Service is the gift Kinshack, but it is also the
 obligation."
Licel snorts.
Querthose darkly says, "Weakness is weeded out, much like the people of this
 town are being weeded out."
You say, "Should it come to pass, I suppose we will all suffer, in our
 ways... at the hands of the society we have betrayed, as they call it,
 or at the hands of our... superiors."
Lady Naamit just arrived.
You stare at nothing in particular.
Licel says, "I have no time to listen to such drivel. I take my leave of
 this place."
Licel shakes his head.
Licel stands up.
You nod to Naamit.
Kinshack says, "I want you all to know that while I have little taste for
 you as people, and even less fondness for you because we are enemies; there
 is always time to turn back from the path you have chosen."
Querthose nods to Licel.
Licel hisses at Kinshack.
Aramana laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
You sigh.
Querthose darkly says, "Yes, there is always times for weakness Father
 Kinshack."
Licel says, "Do not listen to this fool, he does not know of what he speaks."
Licel shakes his head.
You say, "You are kind, and go out of your way to say such."
You nod to Kinshack.
Speaking to you, Kinshack says, "Truth, it seems, is something they fear."
Naamit moves to stand behind Kinshack.
Naamit examines Kinshack closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the
 details.
You cock your head at Kinshack.
Querthose put a gold-capped orase runestaff in his scaled ritual robe.
Speaking to you, Kinshack says, "Fitting, because they know nothing about it."
Querthose sits down.
Aramana amusedly says, "Why not listen? He has obviously put such...thought...
 into his words."
Licel says, "He would have you believe traitors have honor yet- and they do
 not. And the price of such a thing, as I am sure none need reminding, is
 not small."
Licel glares at Kinshack.
Licel rubs a glassy black mica amulet.
Licel suddenly disappears.
You quietly say, "...far be it from me to judge."
Querthose rubs a glassy black mica amulet.
Querthose suddenly disappears.
Kinshack says, "These others are of little concern to me, I must admit."
Kinshack nods to you.
Naamit attends to her iron shackle, making the shackle as presentable as
 possible.
Aramana shakes her head.
You cock your head at Kinshack.
Kinshack says, "But I know you for being civil minded and worth redeeming."
You chuckle.
Kinshack says, "If I can ever be of help to you, please let me know."
Kinshack says, "You are not entirely lost as most of these others are."
You say, "I will bear that in mind. I thank you."
You nod to Kinshack.
Naamit closes her eyes for a moment.
Naamit rubs her hand, flexing the fingers with a pained grimace.
Lady Naamit just went out.
You say, "I will be, perhaps, sorry to disappoint, should I continue in my
 path."
You glance at Kinshack.
You say, "...but blood oaths are difficult to turn one's back upon."
Kinshack says, "You can still walk the path you have chosen without acting
 against civilization."
Kinshack says, "It is an unfortunate choice you and your comrades have made."
You hear someone mutter something under his breath.
You nod to Kinshack.
Kinshack says, "You perhaps could set an example for them."
You say, "A difficult one, true. And perhaps unfortunate."
Aramana gets a distant look on her face.
You chuckle.
You say, "Perhaps."
Kinshack says, "There are greater accomplishments to be had by walking your
 path with righteousness instead of falling to the drudgery that we've come
 to expect from all the rest."
You ponder the meaning of Kinshack's existence.
You say, "What you say is quite true."
You nod to Kinshack.
Aramana runs her fingers over the thick, warm fur of her greatcloak.
Kinshack just closed a leather medical kit.
Kinshack just closed a silver-threaded black cotton pouch.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Truth is a funny thing, Lady Avidleigh.
 Lies are easily disguised as it.  And it is easily twisted."
You chuckle.
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Listen more carefully to your heart and
 your Lord, than this giantkin."
You say, "Truth is... a relative thing, I've come to discover."
You ponder.
You say, "Many things can be true, and not coexist."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Indeed."
Speaking to Aramana, Kinshack asks, "Did you come to any amazing revelations
 in your diatribe on alternate realities this morning?"
Speaking to Aramana, Kinshack says, "You and the short fellow seemed to be
 having quite a thoughtful rapport."
The voice of Querthose darkly says, "Which is why the truth of your Lord
 should be your will.  For there is no other."
You cock your head.
Aramana laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Speaking to Aramana, Kinshack says, "I wish I hadn't missed the meat of the
 conversation."
You act puzzled.
You say, "You are stating the obvious, Querthose."
Aramana says, "Indeed."
The voice of Querthose wryly says, "One would hope."
Speaking to Kinshack, Aramana says, "Perhaps we should speak sometime, if
 you find my words so...fascinating."
You say, "...but it is good to voice now and again, one supposes."
You ponder the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
Querthose fades into visibility.
Querthose nods to you.
Querthose softly asks, "My hand, would you mind?"
(Aramana appears to be ignoring the various conversations in the room,
 distractedly preening at her furs with her claws.)
You cock your head.
You nod to Querthose.
You meditate over Querthose.
Querthose's right hand damage is transferred to you.
Speaking to Aramana, Kinshack says, "In a vacuum, without consequence,
 perhaps that will be pleasant.  But you may find this to be as civil
 as I'm bound to be until your alliance is collapsed."
Querthose softly says, "Thank you."
You meditate over Querthose.
You take all of Querthose's blood loss.
You nod to Querthose.
Querthose smiles softly
You rub your hand, trying to work the stiffness out.
You ponder.
Querthose softly says, "An Alliance that predates all of us here."
Querthose softly says, "You may be waiting a long time, giantkin."
(Aramana says without looking up, "Mm. That is your loss, not mine.")
Kinshack says, "If you'll excuse me, I need to return to business."
You cock your head.
You nod to Kinshack.
You say, "Do be well."
Querthose softly says, "But not too well."
Querthose nods to Kinshack.
You stare at nothing in particular.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kinshack echo in your mind:
  "Guild Captain, a number of traitors have converged in the Garden of
   Suffering.  If you have a moment to deviate from your current activities,
   I am sure they could use arresting."

You examine your fingernails.
Querthose smirks.
Kinshack nods to you.
Kinshack just went out.
You sigh.
You shake your head.

Aramana shakes the folds of her black fox fur greatcloak, sending loose dust
 and bits of dried leaves flying from its thick fur.

You hear the faint thoughts of Naamit echo in your mind:
  "In reality Kinshack, the only traitor seen in that garden was you."

You hear the faint thoughts of Naamit echo in your mind:
  "Do you call the guards to remove yourself? Surely you possess more
   control."